Welcome to our Class 1 Page!
I am so excited to welcome and introduce you to Year 1! I am sure you are going to have a great time in Year 1 and make lots of new memories. Our learning journey throughout the year is going to be fun and exciting. There will be lots of opportunities to share your ideas and try new things. Our classroom has lots of room to display your amazing work and there will be opportunities throughout the year for your grown-ups to come into work with us and to celebrate all of your amazing achievements.
Meet your Teachers
Hello! My name is Miss Webb and I am your Class Teacher.
This is my second year teaching at Ashwood and I am very excited to be your new teacher. I have a dog called Tilly. When I am not at school I love taking Tilly on long walks. I also love travelling to different places and spending time with my family and friends. I am very excited to be your new class teacher and I can’t wait to see you all! We’re going to have a great time in Year 1!
Hello! My name is Miss Goddard and I am your Teaching Assistant.
I am going to be your teaching assistant and help you with your learning in Year 1. I have a dog called Reggie. I love going for walks with him. I also like going out with my family and friends. I enjoy baking at home.
Our New Learning
In Year 1 you will be learning about four exciting topics. In order of learning our topics will be:
- The Gunpowder Plot
- The Great Fire of London
Which topic are you most excited about?
Here is some key information that you need to know
- Your child will be taught phonics every day. This will help them to continue to develop their reading ability and skills. We use the programme Read Write Inc. to teach phonics, which your child should be familiar with.
- Your child will receive a reading book to bring home. We expect each child to read this book 3 times before it is changed. This will help your child become familiar with different stories, along with developing their reading and comprehension skills. We run a competition throughout the year in Year 1 to find our reader(s) of the week. This is the child who has read the most times at home.
- We will read with your child in school as often as we can, therefore, we expect that your child brings their reading book to school every day.
- Our P.E days are a Monday and a Thursday.
- Your child’s work and achievements will continue to be celebrated in weekly Special Mentions assemblies!
All of the links below are brilliant resources that can be used to support pupil’s ongoing learning and revision.