All the governors and staff at Rawmarsh Ashwood Primary School share the same objective, to help keep all children safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for them to learn
- Identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm and take appropriate action, with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe both at home and in school.
To achieve this objective, we:
- Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children
- Promote safe practices
- Identify instances where there are concerns about a child’s welfare and take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is Helen Richards
The Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Carol Sharp
Useful Information and Links
Rotherham Safeguarding Board
Website | 01709 336080 (MASH Team)
Sheffield Safeguarding Board
Website | 0114 273 4855
Keeping Children Safe in Education
South Yorkshire Police
0114 296 4357 or 999 (only for emergencies)
Website | 0808 800 5000
Website | 0800 1111
The Prevent Duty
The Prevent duty is part of our wider safeguarding duties to protect children from harm. In particular, the Prevent duty requires our school to assess the risk of our pupils being drawn into radicalization and extremism, and it requires our school staff to be able to identify and respond to children who are vulnerable to radicalisation.