Parent Governor Vacancy
What are we looking for?
Our school Governing Body is made up of Governors from all walks of life and many come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the community it serves
We want you –
We are currently looking for new Parent Governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
- an interest in the performance of the school.
- a desire to contribute to and represent the community.
- an open and enquiring mind.
- the ability to look at issues objectively.
- the confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
- a willingness to listen and make informed judgements.
- the ability to work well with others.
- time to spare.
- a child or children currently attending the School.
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a Governor at Rawmarsh Ashwood Primary School. Everyone has something to offer and we want people from as many backgrounds and with as wide a range of interests as possible.
What can we offer?
- A chance to develop skills in strategic management.
- The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our School.
- A sense of achievement in making a difference to our School.
- The pleasure of helping students reach their potential.
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
The Governing Body of our school plays a key role in:
- setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
- monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
- supporting and challenging the performance of the headteacher.
- deciding policy and future development plans.
As well as attending meetings governors are also asked to look at specific areas of the school’s work in more detail. To help support governors, everyone has access to further training to help build on existing skills or to develop new ones.
If you are interested, please complete the attached form with a brief description about yourself and why you would like to join the governing body, and return this to Dawn Butterworth, Clerk to Governing Body at email firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the number of applications there may be an election process, which will be advised in due course.
Parent Governor Advert