Dear Parents and carers,
I wanted to say what a lovely start to the Autumn term the children have had so far.
Achievements so far
- Children are showing The Ashwood Way in all of their lessons. This term we introduced STAR sitting. This means:-
Sit up straight
Track(look at) the speaker
Ask/answer like a historian, mathematician etc
Respect the answer and involvement of others.
The children in classes have worked really hard on this and it is helping them to make great progress in lessons.
- Our talented musicians continue to have their achievements celebrated. 8 out of the 10 finalists in the Primary category for the Young musician of the year award were children from Ashwood. This competition was open to all of our WPT primary and secondary schools and this achievement is amazing. A special mention for Eben and Anna for winning their category!
- Our eco warriors are working with the Children’s parliament for the first-ever World Children’s Parliament for COP28 tackling Climate, Biodiversity, Fast Fashion, Microplastics and Pollution solutions. They are working on their speeches to why they should be chosen to be the next Children’s Parliament Prime Minister.
- Ashwood won joint 1st place in the KS2 bowling event at Hollywood Bowl.
- Children continue to gain points for their positive behaviour on ClassDojo.
Parents and children said – They wanted more extra school clubs
So we plan and deliver a wide range of these activities through each term. These are from F2 through to Y6.
Extra curricular clubs and activities
- Last year 98% of children in school attended a club/took up the extra curricular offer.
- 90% of the children in school attended more than 1 club
- We continue to embed our love of sporting activities and dance. Last year 57% of children in school represented school in a school sports games competition/tournament against other schools in Rotherham and other counties.
- We continue to listen to the children’s ideas with regards to their talents and interests and tailor the after school club offers around this.
Please follow us on Facebook as we have lots of things to celebrate as a school and this, alongside dojo helps parents and families to keep informed about the lovely things happening in school and your children’s achievements.