We have voted in our classes for who we wanted to represent our classes on our school council. We have a great new team. Our job on school council is very important and we take our role very seriously.
We organise special events in school and make sure that the voice of the children at Ashwood is heard. We contribute to meetings and share our views.
We work with the school leadership team and Governing Body to support school further.
Rawmarsh Ashwood School Councillors
Wickersley Partnership Trust Student Council
Wickersley Partnership Trust recognises the importance of listening and responding to ‘student voice’ to help shape improvements to the school.
Each Trust school has a representative group of students (School Councillors), elected by their peers, who form the ‘School Council’. They play an active role in school – organising events, raising issues and representing the views of their peers with Senior Leaders in the school.
Each School Councillor runs an ‘election campaign’ annually and their classmates vote for their new class representatives – this is democracy in action!
Wickersley Partnership Trust believes School Councils develop its core values including cooperation, mutual respect and a commitment to diversity and equality.
Wickersley Partnership Trust has a ‘Trust Council’ which has elected representatives from each of the school-based Councils, likewise, they help shape improvements to the Trust.
The Trust Council meets once every half term at rotating venues across the Trust. During these meetings, the students discuss Trust priorities – what’s going well already, and what we could do better in our schools and School Councils.
Charity fundraising is a key aspect of the Trust Council too – the Representatives come up with joint ideas on how we – as a Trust – can ramp up our charitable efforts.
At the end of each meeting, the Trust Council sets an agenda for the School Councils and how they’re going to move forward with their fantastic new ideas.
All minutes from the meetings will be shared with the Student Body by Trust Council Representatives and on Wickersley Partnership Trust’s website.
The Junior and Senior Trust Councils will also meet once a year at a leadership summit.
The Trust Council Representatives for 2022/23 are:
- Olli-Scott – Rawmarsh Ashwood Primary School
- Ava – Rawmarsh Ashwood Primary School
- Evie – Aston Hall Junior & Infant School
- George – Aston Hall Junior & Infant School
- Ava – Aston Lodge Primary School
- Maisie – Aston Lodge Junior & Infant School
- Max – Brinsworth Whitehill Primary School
- Ellie – Brinsworth Whitehill Primary School
- Charlie – Foljambe Primary School
- Agata – Foljambe Primary School
- Leighton – Monkwood Primary School
- Talia-Mai – Monkwood Primary School
- Mason – Rawmarsh Sandhill Primary School
- Rhia – Rawmarsh Sandhill Primary School
- Alexa-Mai – Thrybergh Primary School
- Haneen – Thrybergh Primary School
- Vine – Clifton Community School
- Rigersa – Clifton Community School
- Saleh – Clifton Community School
- Abigail – Rawmarsh Community School
- Amy – Rawmarsh Community School
- Lucas – The Gainsborough Academy
- Imogen – The Gainsborough Academy
- Mustafa – Thrybergh Academy
- Kodi – Thrybergh Academy
- Gayatheri – Wickersley School & Sports College
- Kelsie – Wickersley School & Sports College
- Harry – Wickersley School & Sports College